Australian Artist Elle-louise Burguez creates simple, elegant and colourful paintings and drawings. And she also makes beautiful music. She's based in the Sunshine Coast, QLD.
1. What came first, music or painting? Music
2. What does a day look like for you? It changes everyday for me.
3. What’s your favourite room in your house and why? At my unit it is the living room because it has natural light and a sea breeze coming in, otherwise it is my painting studio.
4. What’s inspiring you at the moment? Marvin Gaye, nature, art and books.
5. Your most precious object and why? I don't have many... maybe my humble acoustic guitar I bought in Portugal. I write most of my songs on it.
6. Is there someone who has really influenced your art and music? Not consciously.. but I think there would be many subconsciously, 100s of incredible artists and musicians.
7. What are you listening to and reading at the moment? (Podcasts, music, books, blogs, anything!) I am listening to Lacy Phillips' podcast, about to start a new book called 'The Lying Life of Adults' by Elena Ferrante, and listening to Marvin Gaye.
8. Who is maker or creative you’re loving? Eric Rohmer, 90s John Galliano, Vanessa Bell.
9. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? You can always choose love.
10. Do you have any exciting plans for 2021? I am working on an art show and writing a lot of new music!