You've probably heard all about silk pillowcases and why you need one. They prevent wrinkles! They will make you look ten years younger! They make your hair look as if you've just come out of the salon! Do they deserve all the hype? In a word, yes. But I'm going to bust some myths and give you the hard facts. Here are some of the benefits of sleeping on silk and why you'll never go back to linen:
- Silk prevents and manages frizzy hair. Unlike cotton and linen, silk doesn't cause the friction that results in breakage and bedhead. It allows your hair to stay smooth and soft, even after a long sleep.
- Silk can soothe dry and itchy skin. Perfect for anyone who has eczema or sensitive skin, silk is gentle on your face and prevents any irritation and rubbing.
- Silk prevents sleep creases which can cause permanent marks over time. But I'm going to put it out there and admit that it won't prevent wrinkles caused by age. Sorry! Embrace those little lines as a beautiful part of the journey of life.
- Silk is hypoallergenic, resistant to allergens like dust, pollen and bed mites. Silk pillowcases can reduce symptoms for asthmatics.
- Silk can help to keep your skin hydrated. Silk doesn't absorb moisture from the skin which makes it especially good for managing dry skin during the cooler months.
This sounds v. good, doesn't it? Never have we ever had a customer who hasn't raved about sleeping on silk. And Tinta pillowcases are hand-dyed with plant dyes, making them even better for you, your skin and the environment. So, why do we use natural dyes?
- Our natural dyes are made from food and floral wastes, and fallen plant materials, meaning that they don't require any new products to be made.
- Synthetic dyes in the fabric dyeing industry contain about 8,000 toxic chemicals that end up on our skin, in our waterways and harming the health of dyers. We use zero chemicals to make our colour.
- All of our materials can be composted after use and wastewater can be poured on the garden.
- Each colour and pattern is an artwork made in collaboration with nature, and no two are alike.
View our hand-dyed silk pillowcases here x